- Most people don't know why they do what they do. Make sure that you do.
- "Making a company is a great way to improve the world while improving yourself."
- "Make yourself unnecessary to the running of your business."
- "We’ve all heard about the importance of persistence. But I had misunderstood. Success comes from persistently improving and inventing, not from persistently doing what’s not working. We all have lots of ideas, creations, and projects. When you present one to the world and it’s not a hit, don’t keep pushing it as is. Instead, get back to improving and inventing. Present each new idea or improvement to the world. If multiple people are saying, “Wow! Yes! I need this! I’d be happy to pay you to do this!” then you should probably do it. But if the response is anything less, don’t pursue it. Don’t waste years fighting uphill battles against locked doors. Improve or invent until you get that huge response."
- Ideas are just a multiplier of execution. Your idea doesn't matter — it's usually not original. But the execution? That matters. Explanation: Awful idea = -1 Weak idea = 1 So-so idea = 5 Good idea = 10 Great idea = 15 Brilliant idea = 20
No execution = $1 Weak execution = $1,000 So-so execution = $10,000 Good execution = $100,000 Great execution = $1,000,000 Brilliant execution = $10,000,000
- "any business that’s in business to sell you a cure is motivated not to focus on prevention"
- Be CLEAR and CONCISE when writing